About a week ago we were talking the office about toys that we had when we were growing up. We started to talk about our Cabbage Patch Kids. We were each telling our stories about where our dolls were. I was telling my coworkers that my first ever doll I received when I was in kindergarten. My mom told me that she would get me one if I would write my name. Back then it was almost impossible to get a doll, and when she got mine she was able to get it at Montgomery Wards in Kimball. When my mom passed away, I put my cabbage patch in her casket with her. I knew that it would forever be safe with my mom.
So this week was my boss' last week and she said that she had a gift for us. She had these 2 boxes all wrapped up, as soon as she sat them on the desk my coworker Polly said oh my gosh it is a cabbage patch kid. As soon as I opened it she had picked one out that was the closest to mine as she could. I told the girls that they cannot play with it, it is going to stay in the box. It is the 25th Anniversary cabbage patch so it is just like I remember them.
Thanks Ashley, you have no idea how much it means to me.
Collaboration request
2 years ago
1 comments:
You are welcome!
Post a Comment