CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dodged a bullet

So, since the beginning of the week our local weather stations continuously warned that this major winter storm was going to be hitting the area. The details were very well laid out and they had posted winter storm warnings, blizzard warnings, and winter weather advisories. Like most parents did I got the girls' winter jackets out and washed so we were ready to face this first winter storm with ease.
Wednesday morning we woke up to rain and 30 mile an hour wind, but it did not seem very cold outside. So I stepped out onto our front porch and decided that the girls would probably not need their winter coats. Off to school they went. By 10am the snow was here, the temperature just keep dropping and I felt horrible because my kids were going to freeze. It changed back and forth all day from rain to snow and the wind seemed as though it was blowing harder and harder.
I picked the girls up for religious ed classes and the first thing that Britton said to me was " We have to go to church with the weather like this" I said yes you will be fine, you will be inside.
We got them home and put them in their heavy pajamas and tucked them into bed telling them that most likely we would have snow on the ground in the morning. Both of them so excited for snow were making weekend plans to go sledding down the street.
Needless to say we woke up this morning and NO SNOW!!! We dodged the bullet, up north of us some places received 6 inches and all we had was rain.
The girls were for sure upset. In the back of my head I was so thankful, Jim and I are going to the Husker game on Saturday and I for sure did not want to sit in a cold, snowy stadium for 3 hours.
It will come sooner than later. Winter is just around the corner, no matter if we are ready or not. I am just glad we dodged the bullet this time around.

0 comments: